I need to get organized. Ya feel me? I want a day planner but without spending the money on those refills. So I went to work creating my own small version of my Home Management Binder. I still refer to my old one, but I wanted something new, something different, something fashionable!
I found this little number at Staples. They had a few other cute designs in stock but I went with basic black/white with lime green. LOVE it!
Right next to them I found the cutest little tabbed dividers. I snatched up 2 sets. I may not use up all 10 tabs, but just in case, I bought them anyways. My first 5 tabs are:
- Calendar – my printable pages found on google
- Homemade Mom – my blog topics, current sponsors, giveaways, etc.
- Schedule – my daily schedule (I’m not referring to this like I thought I would)
- Menu Planning – my printable pages found on google
- Cleaning – a laminated cleaning checklist (not used as it should be)
I googled 5×7 printable calendars and finally found something simple that I liked. There were so many to choose from, but I went with simple. I find that when I have the planners that have designated sections for each family member, most of each day goes blank. I want to actually use the majority of each page. Otherwise why even do it?
Near the tabbed dividers I found small pocket folders. One pack contained 5 pockets. I have 3 in the Homemade Mom section so I can keep my papers for my product reviews all in one place. This is working great right now!
The next 5 sections include:
- to do – not really being utilized
- bills – not being utilized at all, this should be receipts
- gifts – when a family member mentions something they want I jot it down
- notes & ideas – random things that have no where else to go
- Side project that’s in the works (very secretive!)
My menu planner is one month all on one page. I really need to get my butt in gear and start planning. Most pages are still blank. I’m a work in progress.
I think I may need a coupons folder so I can those with me. I always have this in my purse.
Do you have a portable planner you take everywhere? What sections do you have?