Archive for Skin Care
The weather is taking it’s turn for the cold here and suddenly we have dry cold air outside mixed with the heated indoor air, making my skin dry and peely looking already. The body butter is so nice! My skin drinks it in. A little will go a long way. I’ve even been using it on the back of Cutler’s knees on his ezcema and it seems to be improving! I haven’t experienced any troubles on my sensitive skin either.
The body wash is quite nice too! I’m all over anything that will help keep my skin nourished and youthful looking. If the body products work just half as well as the face products then it’s worth every penny! It must have something to do with the Aloe Vera, I don’t really know, but I know what I like and I like what I see!
I hosted my Episencial party Friday night at 5:30. I created an event on Facebook and invited many. I had some ladies RSVP including my sister. I was hopeful that we would have a great turnout. Sad to say that other than my sister, no one showed up. I had the table all ready to go stocked with goodie bags of product and samples:
|10 goodie bags filled with samples and a full sized product.|
I had 10 bags with samples of their product line, including one full sized bottle of Playful Foaming Wash for each attendee.
Since I was hosting the party at the YMCA daycare I knew it would be toddler friendly for those mom’s that had small ones with them. Since the products are all illustrated with images from Eric Carle I stopped by my library and checked out all the Eric Carle books they had so we could do a story time.
|Eric Carle books for story time|
|My boys loved reading the books!|
1. Playful Foaming Wash – VERY nice. Quite mild. I liked that it lathered up with ease. A little goes a long way. I used it as a hair and body wash and Cutler cried when it got in his eyes. It doesn’t claim to be tear free so I’m guessing that it burned, but then again he cries every time he gets water in his eyes.
2. Sweet Dreams Bubble Bath – I used what seemed like quite a bit, not any more than I would use with any other bubble bath product, and it didn’t do the trick. I had bubbles at just the one end of the tub and they didn’t last long at all. I was hoping for a more bubbly experience.
3. Better Body Butter – I expected it to be thick with a name like Body Butter. It’s not. It’s a good lotion, just not anything spectacular. It also smells a bit like elmer’s glue. It doesn’t have a scent of it’s own, just a basic lotion unscented-type scent.
4. Soothing Cream for eczema, itches & bothered skin – Cutler has patches of eczema on the back of his thighs and behind his knees. I applied the cream to the back of his knee and he cried out. We’ve used other lotions with no crying, so I’m unsure if it was the product causing him discomfort or if he just didn’t want to sit still while I applied it. Hard to tell. I really like the idea of a baby safe cream for eczema though.
5. Sunny Sunscreen - The cream is white and rubs in easily. Not too thick. This one smell just like the lotion did. It doesn’t have a scent. Reminiscent of Elmer’s Glue again.
6. Nurturing Balm – for diaper rash and sensitive areas -This is your basic zinc oxide white cream. I didn’t try it because I use cloth diapers and it’s not safe for cloth diapers because it doesn’t wash out well.
7. Protective Face Balm for chapped skin & lips SPF 6- I expected this to be similar to a stick or balm. Something like a chapstick sort of thing. It’s a squeeze tube and the balm comes out white. I used a bit on my lips because it said it could be used for chapped lips and I like it! It’s very silky smooth and feels great. It leaves no color and stays on well. This would be great to buy for chapped faces that get wind burnt, and for children that tend to lick their lips too much and end up with the clown face look. Stays on much longer than chapstick and feels great! I would prefer it in a stick though, it would go on easier on a baby/toddler that doesn’t want to sit still.
You wanna know what’s so cool about these products? They are SOOO green! They don’t test on animals, they use recycled bottles, they are created using sustainable solar power and they are made with Certified Organic Ingredients! If being green is important to you and your family, this is a product line you need to get familiar with.
I am so excited to share this with you! The VP & Co Founder of L’Bri reached out to me after my previous product review.
Did you catch it? Click here to watch me make a fool of myself for the sake of showing you an amazing product.
The OWNER ya’ll! Do you have any idea how proud I was? Let’s just say that I walked a little bit taller that day. Brian (yes, I called him by his first name, cause we’re tight like that) liked my review so much he’s allowing me the opportunity to share all these great products with one lucky HomemadeMom reader! Woo Hoo!!!
Do you want to know what the lucky winner will receive? Let me lay it out for ya.
- Deep Pore Cleanser
- Gentle Freshener
- Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 16
- Exfoliating Facial & Body Scrub
- Facial Masque
We’re talking nearly $100.00 worth of products!
Giveaway ends Monday, November 1st, 2010 by midnight central time.
I was lucky enough to receive a set of skin care products from L’Bri.
They are a natural Aloe Vera based product.
I know what you’re thinking, that the whole lot of products is a bit pricey (roughly around $115.00, but varies), but when you compare it to Drugstore Anti-Aging products L’Bri is actually a much better purchase! First of all, it works. Second, you get more for your money. The bottles are really BIG! The bottles will last you months! They aren’t just a 30 day supply kind of thing. You can stretch it if you need to, but to get the full benefit most products need to be used twice daily.
If I could recommend you buy just one thing I’d tell you to get the Masque. I really feel that once you tried the masque you’d see and feel results instantly. More noticeable results after just one week! Then, you’d be convinced of the power of Aloe and clicking away to buy up the rest of the line! It’s being hailed as the instant “non-surgical” face lift. The masque is only $26.95 for a 5 month supply! You’d pay more than that for just 1 bottle of Oil of Olay Regenerist! Just saying.
If I hadn’t used it and felt the immediate difference, I’m sure I wouldn’t believe it myself. After trying it on my I made my mom rush over to try it on her. Here’s her before and after. (you can click on them to see them larger)
Can you see the difference? It says to leave it on for 10 minutes but she washed it off after 8. It’s so tight it feels crazy! Isn’t it amazing that you can already see a difference? Imagine what the difference would be after just one month!
I had to get my hubby in on the action. Here’s what your face looks like if you move it too much when the masque is on. It will look like you’re skin is cracking. For real though, it’s well worth the money!
Right now they are even including a FULL sized Rejuvenating Facial Peel with the sample set! Woo Hoo! Retail on this bad boy is $35.50! Snatch up this deal while you can!
*Disclaimer: I was provided these products as part of my participation in Business2Blogger.com. I was not asked to provide a positive review, just my honest opinion.
I was given the opportunity to try Earth Baby Organics Sunscreen on Cutler. We had the chance last weekend while at Camden’s Soccer game. It was bright and sunny! Cutler is only 11 months so I do worry about what products are safe on him. Earth Baby Organics has a whole slew of products that are 100% safe, organic and hypoallergenic! You can’t say that about most of the other similar brands on the market.
The smell is great, not strong at all. Very mild. It was a very creamy sunscreen, not thick and cakey that’s hard to rub in. It went on smooth and rubbed in very quickly. He didn’t burn either! Like all sunscreens you need to reapply every few hours, especially when sweating or swimming. I would recommend this product to all mom’s that have little ones with sensitive skin and you want to ensure baby doesn’t have a reaction. Great product!
*Disclaimer: I was provided this product to try in exchange for a review. I was not skewed to give a positive review, it’s simply a great product. My opinions are my own.