I hosted my Episencial party Friday night at 5:30. I created an event on Facebook and invited many. I had some ladies RSVP including my sister. I was hopeful that we would have a great turnout. Sad to say that other than my sister, no one showed up. I had the table all ready to go stocked with goodie bags of product and samples:
|10 goodie bags filled with samples and a full sized product.
I had 10 bags with samples of their product line, including one full sized bottle of Playful Foaming Wash for each attendee.
Since I was hosting the party at the YMCA daycare I knew it would be toddler friendly for those mom’s that had small ones with them. Since the products are all illustrated with images from Eric Carle I stopped by my library and checked out all the Eric Carle books they had so we could do a story time.
|Eric Carle books for story time
|My boys loved reading the books!
1. Playful Foaming Wash – VERY nice. Quite mild. I liked that it lathered up with ease. A little goes a long way. I used it as a hair and body wash and Cutler cried when it got in his eyes. It doesn’t claim to be tear free so I’m guessing that it burned, but then again he cries every time he gets water in his eyes.
2. Sweet Dreams Bubble Bath – I used what seemed like quite a bit, not any more than I would use with any other bubble bath product, and it didn’t do the trick. I had bubbles at just the one end of the tub and they didn’t last long at all. I was hoping for a more bubbly experience.
3. Better Body Butter – I expected it to be thick with a name like Body Butter. It’s not. It’s a good lotion, just not anything spectacular. It also smells a bit like elmer’s glue. It doesn’t have a scent of it’s own, just a basic lotion unscented-type scent.
4. Soothing Cream for eczema, itches & bothered skin – Cutler has patches of eczema on the back of his thighs and behind his knees. I applied the cream to the back of his knee and he cried out. We’ve used other lotions with no crying, so I’m unsure if it was the product causing him discomfort or if he just didn’t want to sit still while I applied it. Hard to tell. I really like the idea of a baby safe cream for eczema though.
5. Sunny Sunscreen - The cream is white and rubs in easily. Not too thick. This one smell just like the lotion did. It doesn’t have a scent. Reminiscent of Elmer’s Glue again.
6. Nurturing Balm – for diaper rash and sensitive areas -This is your basic zinc oxide white cream. I didn’t try it because I use cloth diapers and it’s not safe for cloth diapers because it doesn’t wash out well.
7. Protective Face Balm for chapped skin & lips SPF 6- I expected this to be similar to a stick or balm. Something like a chapstick sort of thing. It’s a squeeze tube and the balm comes out white. I used a bit on my lips because it said it could be used for chapped lips and I like it! It’s very silky smooth and feels great. It leaves no color and stays on well. This would be great to buy for chapped faces that get wind burnt, and for children that tend to lick their lips too much and end up with the clown face look. Stays on much longer than chapstick and feels great! I would prefer it in a stick though, it would go on easier on a baby/toddler that doesn’t want to sit still.
You wanna know what’s so cool about these products? They are SOOO green! They don’t test on animals, they use recycled bottles, they are created using sustainable solar power and they are made with Certified Organic Ingredients! If being green is important to you and your family, this is a product line you need to get familiar with.
Would I buy it?
Yes. I would. I would buy the Soothing Cream
and the Protective Face Balm
. The other items I would probably buy locally of another brand. However, if you are dedicated to reducing your carbon footprint and being as green
as possible, then you should order the whole line.
So even though my party was a bust I have still given out my goodie bags. As the moms came into the daycare this week to workout I sent them home with their goodie bag. I still have a few left, but I know I will see them soon. A BIG shout out for Mommy Parties
for allowing me this great opportunity! I only wish it would have been what I had hoped it would be. My next one will be rockin’ I’m sure of it!
Want to host your own Mommy Party? Click here
to sign up today!
Disclaimer: I was matched up with Mommy Parties via MomSelect.com. I agreed to host a party and share the Episencial products with other mom’s of young children. I was asked to provide a review. All opinions are my own.