I just found this list, I must have written it years ago, but since it has surfaced I thought I would share it.
1. Sciatic pain for the 1st 3 months!
2. Nausea that can’t be quelled with pregnancy pops, peppermint candies, peppermint tea, wrist pressure bands, saltines or ginger ale (which is gross by the way).
3. Exhaustion! I couldn’t make it through a day without a nap until month 4.
4. Insatiable hunger! I swear I was eating round the clock!
5. Nothing fits! Maternity clothes all look too big and regular clothes are too small. Which means I look and feel fat and not pregnant!
6. Muscle pain from ligaments stretching. Apparently it gets worse with each pregnancy.
7. Pain that gets worse as the day goes on. I can hardly move by evening.
8. Gestational diabetes! I hate testing my blood sugar 4 times a day! But I’ll do anything for a healthy baby.
9. Frequent peeing! Can’t sleep through the night because I’m up to pee 2-4 times a night!
10. Need to get ready for the baby but most days I’m too tired to cook or clean. Where did my energy go?
11. I don’t remember the baby kicks being so uncomfortable and/or painful. Used to think it was cute, now it’s not so much.
Here’s Cohen loving on the baby in my belly:
Today I went to the Dr. for my twice weekly non-stress test. During the time I was attached to the monitors we discovered I was having contractions about 6 minutes apart. I am feeling a tightening…but no pain. So I was told to go home and drink lots of water, put my feet up and try to keep my activities to a minimum.
So far so good! It’s harder to recognize a contraction at home. While in the doctors office it’s very quiet with no distractions. At home there is plenty of noise with the 2 boys running around. It’s difficult to decipher between the tightening (a contraction) and the baby stretching out. If I’m not concentrating and paying close attention to my body you can see how it’s easy to miss one…since they’re not painful at this point.
As far as I have recorded I’m having about 2 an hour for the last 3 hours. I’m hoping I can keep this baby in the oven a little while longer. Today I’m exactly 33 weeks 3 days. Both my boys were born at 36 weeks 6 days, so I MUST make it at least another 24 days for me to feel confident that the baby will be healthy with the proper lung development. So keep me in your prayers. I’ll keep you all posted on this blog, facebook & twitter.
This is me laying down. I wanted to share with you all just what this baby boy does every night that prevents me from falling asleep! (30 weeks)
Today I had a 4D ultrasound. It was my first and SO Cool!!! A lot of the pictures were hard to see what was going on because he had his hand holding his foot right in front of his face, and the umbilical cord was in front of his nose. So here’s what we were able to get:
26 weeks and growing!!!
The view from where I sit. Can you see my belly button starting to pop out? Too funny!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted belly pictures so I thought I’d share with you all where I am. On Monday I will be 24 weeks/6 months! It’s gone by so fast! My belly is really getting big! Check it out:
I’d say that generally I’m feeling good. Pregnancy is hard in that my short stature makes the extra weight out front really hard for my back to take. I have a lot of sciatic and hip pain, but all of that will relieve itself when the baby is born. That’s it for now!
I went today for a regular OB appointment and I asked if they could take a peek and tell me what we’re having! The doctor agreed, so here is the news: