Have you heard about RedLaser? It’s this really cool app (that works on iPhone, Android and Windows phones) that allows you to scan or search for items to make sure you have all the information you need, including product details, ratings and price comparison. Check out this video to see how helpful this app could really be!
Here are some of my favorite features of RedLaser:
- Scan and search for products using the bar code scanner.
- Compare prices online and at local retailers, so you’ll know you’re getting the best deal.
- Find out which stores stock what you’re looking for by searching
for a product locally. No need to drive around town searching for what you need!
- Browse product reviews and ratings.
- Buy directly from your phone using PayPal mobile express checkout and you can pick up your item in a nearby store.
- Create shopping lists (or wish lists!) and easily share them with friends and family via email, SMS, Twitter and Facebook.
- Scan a food item to get allergen and ingredient information.
This video cracked me up!!! They have a few more like this one and just as funny!!!
You can find RedLaser on Facebook and Twitter (@redlaserapp) to have an honest chat about the app. You can click here to download the app. Also you can read more about RedLaser directly on their website. I don’t think I understood just how helpful the app could be until I watched a few YouTube videos. You can subscribe to their YouTube channel here like I did!
Personally when I tried to scan a few items in my pantry to see where was the lowest price in my town, there were no listings locally. I suppose that’s the downside of this app, it’s not going to work well in small towns. However, I shop at Aldi for most of my groceries so that really wouldn’t benefit me much regarding grocery shopping. If I lived in a larger town the grocery shopping comparison would be very useful, especially if you are on a budget.
When it comes to shopping for gifts though this app is just what I need. I rarely shop in town because I never find what I’m looking for. I frequently use amazon or ebay for all my shopping needs. Now all I have to do is scan the barcode or do a quick search for what I have in mind and voila! It’s available to buy online and I can checkout super quick with PayPal! I will certainly be using this app for all my gift shopping!!!
This post is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/RedLaser.